My Guide Website?
Chilean Treasures: Penguins and Alpacas Private Tour7 Reviews
Enjoy a spectacular tour of Chile's beautiful central coastline. Visit small villages and coves, and an alpaca farm. Try to spot some penguins near the beach in the seaside town of Cachagua.
- Enjoy an 9-hour private tour with free hotel or airport pickup
- Interact with alpacas and learn about wool production
- Stroll along a stone path following the coastline to have a glimpse at Humboldt penguins
DescriptionAfter your hotel pick up, venture towards the Pacific Coast. You will visit the largest privately-owned alpaca farm in the world where you can interact with these beautiful animals up close. See the entire alpaca wool production process and enjoy a broad selection of exclusive creations and handmade art crafts. Afterwards, you will continue up the coastline on the Ruta del Pacifico to the town of Cachagua, a stone's throw from Penguin Island. Try to catch a glimpse of penguins by the naked eye or using binoculars. Walk along a beautifully carved pathway to a small cove with gorgeous views of the ocean. Afterward, stop for lunch in the quiet seaside resort town of Zapallar. Penguin sightings from the shore are most common during the summer months of November to March. During these months there are several hundred penguins on the island. Between April and October, the penguin population reduces to only a dozen or so. Therefore, please be aware that during these months it may not be possible to see the penguins on the island from the shore. However, you will have the option of joining a private boat tour for an extra fee. This option is available throughout the year.
IncludesMultilingual guide Private transport Bottled water Entrance to alpaca farm Digital photographs
- Free pickup and drop-off from any hotel, Airbnb, or residence in Santiago is available
- Free airport pickup or drop-off on the day of the tour is available
- The order of the sites visited may vary
- Please note that penguin sightings are most common from November to March; during the rest of the year penguin sightings are less likely
- For better sighting opportunities, you will have the option of taking a one-hour private boat ride around the island, weather permitting, which costs an additional $60,000 Chilean Pesos for each group of up to 7 people
- Payments for the boat trip must be made in cash directly at the dock on the day of the tour
- Please note your interest in the optional boat tour when you make your booking
- The boat tour is not recommended for those who suffer from motion or sea sickness
- Although this is a private tour, other guests may accompany your tour at the alpaca farm
- Sturdy footwear and a light jacket are recommended for walking on the beach