My Guide Website?
Valle de la Luna (Moon Valley) from San Pedro de Atacama56 Reviews
Take a tour to the Moon Valley and see the beautiful forms and colors up close. Walk through the area and observe a spectacle of geological sculptural forms, which is similar to the lunar surface.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Chile:If youʻre booking your trip to Chile last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- San Pedro de Atacama: Hidden Lagoons of Baltinache Tour
- Santiago: Valparaiso, Viña del Mar, & Casablanca Valley Tour
- Punta Arenas: Walk with Penguins on Magdalena & Marta Island
- San Pedro de Atacama: Traditional Ethnoastronomy Experience
- Puerto Montt: Osorno Volcano and Petrohué Falls Guided Tour
- Discover one of the most popular sites in San Pedro de Atacama
- Experience the magic of the desert
- Visit the Salt Caves
- See the salt sculptures of Tres Marias
- Watch the mesmerizing afternoon sunset from the Gran Duna
DescriptionMeet your guide in San Pedro de Atacama and head towards the Moon Valley, locally known as Valle de la Luna. It is around 10 kilometers away from San Pedro de Atacama and has been declared a natural sanctuary as part of the Los Flamencos National Reserve within the Salt Mountain range. On this tour, see the beautiful and awe-inspiring place, which has multiple colorful formations creating a geological spectacle similar to the surface of the moon. You will also visit the Tres Marias statues, explore the salt cave, and climb the Gran Duna (Great Dune) to admire a beautiful panorama as the sun sets and the colors in the sky change. Return to San Pedro de Atacama after seeing this nature spectacle and creating unforgettable memories.
IncludesPickup from your accommodation in San Pedro de Atacama Local expert guide Snacks
- This tour is not recommended for pregnant women, those with back problems, those with hypertension, and children under 7 years old or adults over 70 years old
- Please note that a moderate amount of walking is involved so wear comfortable shoes for walking
- We recommend that you wear a pullover, sunglasses, and a hat and bring sunscreen and a bottle of water