My Guide Website?
San Pedro de Atacama: Red Rocks & Altiplano Lagoons Day Trip22 Reviews
Discover the gems of the Atacama Desert on a guided day trip from San Pedro de Atacama with a hotel pickup. See the Tropic of Capricorn, Red Rocks or Piedras Rojas, and the Miscanti and Miñiques lagoons.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Chile:If youʻre booking your trip to Chile last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- San Pedro de Atacama: Hidden Lagoons of Baltinache Tour
- Santiago: Valparaiso, Viña del Mar, & Casablanca Valley Tour
- Punta Arenas: Walk with Penguins on Magdalena & Marta Island
- San Pedro de Atacama: Traditional Ethnoastronomy Experience
- Puerto Montt: Osorno Volcano and Petrohué Falls Guided Tour
- Discover more about fauna and flora of the Atacama Desert
- Walking on red rocks surrounded by an amazing landscape
- Admire beautiful lagoons over 3,000 meters high
- Explore the Atacama Desert
DescriptionTour starts by picking everybody up in hotel to head to visit the famous Tropic of Capricorn and its amazing surrounding view. The next stop is Red Rocks, iconic and typical landscape of the desert, with a singular red color on the stones, shaped by curious geological phenomenons. Perfect chance to take great pictures. To reach them, also known as Aguas Calientes Salt Flat, we will have to go up in our vehicle to 3800 meters of altitude and walk for 1 hour and 15 minutes, to see the red-colored rocks, besides some lagoons and salt flats around. The same way, we will make a stop in the Chaxa Lagoon, place where you will be able to see flamingos. Then, we will go to the area of Altiplanic Lagoons Miscanti and Miñiques, where our guide will give us some information about the flora and fauna of the place. Continuing, we will pass by the town of Socaire, where we will make a stop to take pictures. After that, we will return to San Pedro de Atacama to end our tour. Important: The order of the visiting places is subject to changes the same day of the tour.
IncludesHotel pickup Breakfast Lunch Bilingual guide Transportation Entry to Red Stones and Altiplanic Lagoons
- Attention: higths of 4.200 meters above sea level are going to be reached during the tour. Is not recomebdable for persons with respiratory problems and heart diseases.
- The included pickup service is not carried out in accommodations located outside the urban area of San Pedro de Atacama. We do not pick up from accommodations located in ayllus close to San Pedro de Atacama (Quitor, Yaye, Checar, Sequitor, Solor and Coyo) or from accommodations in the town of Toconao.
- Pick up between 7:00 and 7:40 (may vary, exact time will be confirmed before the tour)
- Tour ends between 16:30 and 17:00 at Plaza Touristour