My Guide Website?
San Pedro de Atacama: Láscar Volcano Summit Hiking Day Trip2 Reviews
Explore the Andes mountain range and conquer the summit of most active volcano in northern Chile with this Láscar volcano summit hiking day trip from San Pedro de Atacama.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Chile:If youʻre booking your trip to Chile last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Santiago: Hop-on Hop-off Bus Day Ticket with Audio Guide
- Santiago: 2-Day Hop-On Hop-Off Bus Ticket and Cable Car
- Puerto Montt: Osorno Volcano and Petrohué Falls Guided Tour
- Santiago: Vina Del Mar, Valparaiso, Casablanca & Reñaca Tour
- Santiago: Cajon del Maipo/Embalse del Yeso Tour with Picnic
- Topple the summit at 5590 meters above sea level, if conditions are right
- Discover features like a deep blue altiplanic lagoon and smoking fumaroles
- Smell the sulfur emissions of the most active volcano in northern Chile
- Marvel at the breathtaking panoramic views of the Andes mountain range
- Admire the majestic desert flora and fauna as you walk up the volcano
DescriptionDiscover the most active volcano in northern Chile with this hiking day trip from San Pedro de Atacama to the top of the Láscar volcano. Admire the views from 5590 meters above sea level and see smoking fumaroles. Enjoy the convenience of being picked up from the comfort of your accommodation in Pedro de Atacama. Sit back and relax on the air conditioned drive in an all terrain vehicle. Stop to purchase breakfast and pass through the towns of Toconao and Talabre. Arrive at the base of the Láscar volcano. Look up at its smoking crater as you drive to an altitude of 4,600 meters. Put on your helmet and pick up your walking stick. Get a safety briefing from your guide before beginning your ascent to the 300-meter deep crater. See endemic fauna and a blue altiplanic lagoon surrounded by salt on your tour. Marvel at sweeping views of the Andes mountain range. Look as your guide points of smoking fumaroles. Breathe in the scent of sulfur. Reach 5590 meters above sea, if conditions are good, before making your descent. Transfer back to your accommodation in San Pedro de Atacama at the end of your tour.
IncludesHiking tour Guide Hotel pickup and drop-off Basic training and safety talk Helmet and hiking stick First aid kit Entrance fees Snack
- •This tour requires a 700 meters to reach the top of volcano •This tour goes to 5590 meters above sea level •The summit might not be accessible during bad weather conditions.