My Guide Website?
Punta Arenas: Walk with Penguins on Magdalena & Marta Island37 Reviews
Sail through the Strait of Magellan to Magdalena and Marta Islands and observe abundant marine life. Marvel at the Magellanic penguins on Magdalena Island, and watch the Patagonian sea lions and other species of marine life on Marta Island.
- Cruise to Magdalena and Marta Islands and explore the Strait of Magellan
- Discover a colony of over 120,000 Magellanic penguins on Magdalena Island
- Admire a colony of over 1000 Patagonian sea lions on Marta Island
- Have the opportunity to see a rich range of other wildlife, like cormorants, dolphins, and whales
DescriptionAfter check-in at the meeting point, transfer to Laredo Bay port to board speedboats for a 45-minute trip to Magdalena Island. Once there, enjoy 1 hour with a guide to discover the habitat of the Magellanic penguins on Magdalena Island, the second largest Magellanic penguin colony in South America that receives more than 120,000 penguins every year. Next, if the weather conditions are good, continue your journey to Marta Island, which hosts a colony of more than 1000 Patagonian sea lions, as well as copious bird life. Keep an eye out for cormorants, skuas, austral seagulls, Antarctic pigeons, and the occasional elephant seal. If you're lucky, see southern dolphins, piebald dolphins, and sei whales during your trip. The tour includes with return to Laredo Bay port and transfer back to the original meeting point.
IncludesNavigation to Magdalena Island and Marta Island Coffee service Bilingual guide Entrance fee to Penguin Island
- This tour is not recommended for people with limited mobility
- Please be aware that this tour is subject to weather conditions
- Please arrive at the meeting point 10 minutes before the activity starts