My Guide Website?
Pucon: Quetrupillan Volcano Full-Day Climb6 Reviews
Climb the iconic Quetrupillan Volcano on a full-day hike and cross beautiful forest and mountain landscapes.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Chile:If youʻre booking your trip to Chile last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Santiago: Hop-on Hop-off Bus Day Ticket with Audio Guide
- Santiago: 2-Day Hop-On Hop-Off Bus Ticket and Cable Car
- Puerto Montt: Osorno Volcano and Petrohué Falls Guided Tour
- Santiago: Vina Del Mar, Valparaiso, Casablanca & Reñaca Tour
- Santiago: Cajon del Maipo/Embalse del Yeso Tour with Picnic
- Hike through beautiful coihue forest
- Enjoy the tranquil calm of the region with experienced guides
- Enjoy the fantastic panoramic views of the Andes from the summit of the Quetrupillan volcano
DescriptionMeet at the local partner's office in downtown Pucon and travel to the Palguin area to the east of the city. Start the hike and cross the forest full of native Coihue trees, some of which reach more than 20 meters high. Discover the various birds of the area as you hike along a leisurely trail. Learn about the native inhabitants and culture of the region from your experienced guides. After you exit the forest, make your way into the rugged Andean mountain landscape. As the height increases, hike along steeper slopes which will bring you closer to the summit. When you reach the crater at the top, after climbing over 1,000 meters, walk westward along the ridge to reach the summit at a height of 2,347 meters. Enjoy fantastic views of the Villarrica and Lanin volcanoes, along with more than three other volcanoes in the area. Admire the many lagoons, Argentinean pampas, and green forests of this panoramic viewpoint. Enjoy an easy descent, where you will walk once more through green forests, and arrive at your vehicle which will take you back to Pucon.
IncludesTransportation from and to the meeting point at the office of the local partner in downtown Pucon Entrance fee to Villarrica National Park. Hiking equipment: mountain boots, poles, crampons, ice axe, helmet, backpack, trousers and jacket, gloves, gaiters 1 certified guide for every 3 participants
- The program is subject to weather conditions of the day
- The ascent to this volcano does not require any previous experience, but you are required to be in good physical health