My Guide Website?
Piedras Rojas, Altiplanics Lagoons & Salar Full-Day Tour22 Reviews
Take a full-day excursion to visit the Miscanti and Miñique lagoons, Salar de Talar, and the Atacameño village of Socaire. Observe the famous Salar de Atacama from above, and enjoy included meals.
- Visit the famous Miñique and Miscanti Lagoons
- See the remarkable purple stones at Salar de Talar
- Enjoy breakfast while admiring the unique landscape
- Have lunch by the flamingo reserve and Chaxa Lagoon
- Visit the highland town of Socaire to learn about its culture
DescriptionBe collected from your accommodation in San Pedro de Atacama around 6:30 AM. Your first stop, after an hour, will be at the Miscanti and Miñiques highland lagoons, located at 4,200 meters above sea level. In these lagoons, enjoy breakfast and admire the fauna and flora here. The next visit is to the Salar de Talar, known as Piedras Rojas or purple stones. The beauty of this place will leave you speechless. Continue to your next stop at the Atacameño village of Socaire, where you can observe the terraces of cultivation and the village church. Then visit the Salar de Atacama, Chile's largest salt lake. Here are the national flamingo reserve and the Chaxa lagoon, which is home to three types of flamingos as well as other species. Return to San Pedro de Atacama around 5:00 PM.
IncludesHotel pickup and drop-off from San Pedro de Atacama Local expert guide Breakfast and lunch
- This tour is not recommended for pregnant women, those with back problems, those with hypertension, those with serious health conditions, and children under 7 years old or adults over 70 years old due to the altitude of 4,100 meters
- We recommend that you wear comfortable shoes and bring a jacket or sweater
- We recommend that you bring water, sunscreen, a hat, sunglasses, and your camera