My Guide Website?
Easter Island: Poike Volcano Private Hiking Tour with Guide
Trek to Easter Island’s oldest volcano on this day trip. Learn from archeological sites with incredible views. Benefit from round-trip transfers.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Chile:If youʻre booking your trip to Chile last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Santiago: Hop-on Hop-off Bus Day Ticket with Audio Guide
- Santiago: 2-Day Hop-On Hop-Off Bus Ticket and Cable Car
- Puerto Montt: Osorno Volcano and Petrohué Falls Guided Tour
- Santiago: Vina Del Mar, Valparaiso, Casablanca & Reñaca Tour
- Santiago: Cajon del Maipo/Embalse del Yeso Tour with Picnic
- Trek the volcanic island's coastline and view historical petroglyphs
- Explore the isolated and mysterious Poike peninsula
- Hike through meadows and forests up to the island's oldest volcano
- Visit Vai a Heva, Ana Okeke, Kava Kava Kio'e, and Motu Maratiri
DescriptionExplore the wonders of Easter Island and its famous archaeological sites on this hiking tour. See monumental statues and delve deep into to history and culture of the island with your expert guide. Stop by Vai a Heva, Ana Okeke, Kava Kava Kio'e, and Motu Maratiri. Begin your day with a private pick-up service from your hotel on Easter Island. Explore several Rapa Nui archeological sites near the Poike Peninsula. Make your way to Vai a Heva, a huge carved head, which possibly served to collect rainwater and was used in rituals alluding to the vital resource. Next, see the renowned moai carved with trachyte stone brought from the Rano Raraku quarry. Continue trekking to Ana Okeke. This cavern on the Poike cliff is also known as 'the cave of the virgins'. See the Uka Neru petroglyphs referring to the ceremony of confinement of women. It is said that the natives gathered here to observe the stars. Continue your tour to Kava Kava Kio'e, the most eroded place on the island with an incredible desert landscape of red earth. Soak in panoramic views of the landscape from Motu Maratiri viewpoint with Ahu Tongariki in the background. After a full day of island explorations, return to the starting point and head back to your hotel in Hanga Roa.
IncludesHotel pickup and drop-off Private tour Professional guide Transportation by private vehicle Trekking sticks Headlamps
- Lunch is not included in the tour. It is recommended that you bring snacks Rapa Nui National Park ticket is not included in the tour This tour is not recommended for travelers with back problems A high level of stamina is required