My Guide Website?
Casa Marin Winery
Casa Marín’s story began with its founder, owner, and winemaker, María Luz Marín’s dream.
Nothing describes this winery better than the story of a woman who persevered to create fine and exclusive wines. In 2000, against advice from colleagues and experts, she decided to establish her winery in Lo Abarca, a small town in the San Antonio Valley. Despite warnings about problems with location, the cool climate, and people’s disbelief, she was successful in developing a vineyard and winery whose wines have received numerous world awards, helping position Chile in a distinct light with its high quality, high value wines.
The winemaking facility was built between 2003 and 2004 having in mind wine production of particular characteristics stemming from a maximum of 50 planted hectares. The facility was specially built for a boutique-size winery with ideal space and temperature attributes to extract pure flavor from grapes that guarantee production quality. The facility is colonial style with Chilean tiles made from clay and decorated with beautiful mosaics made by Patricia Marín, another family member. The building also houses a wine shop, tasting room, and wine cellar, as well as production and packaging areas. Winemaking storage capacity is 200 tons and 180 thousand liters.
The building is also equipped with the latest technology for superior quality wine production:
- 31 stainless steel tanks of varying capacities for enhanced versatility and optimization of individual grape characteristics from each block, ranging between 1,000 and 15,000 liters, each with its own temperature sensor.
- Crushing/de-stemming machine.
- Vibrating sorting tables for cluster and berry sorting.
- 240 French oak barrels, most with a capacity of 228 liters.
- Pneumatic press.
- Conveyor belt.
- Automated temperature control system.
Wine Shop Opening Hours:
- Monday to Friday from 09:30 to 17:30.
- Saturday and Sunday from 10:00 to 17:00.
email@example.com or call +56 (9) 8 777 6786
Winebar Cipreses Reservations:
- Wednesday - Saturday de 12:30 to 17:30 hours
Camino Lo Abarca, CartagenaView Larger Map
Best For Whom
- Business Travellers
- Mature Travellers
- For Her
- For Him
Best For What
- The Local Experience
- Cultural Experience
- Outdoor Area