Colorado Ski Resort
Ski Resorts in Chile
This ski center, located 36 kilometers away from Santiago, was created by the vision of Los Pioneros
THE COLORADO SKI CENTER
This ski center, located 36 kilometers away from Santiago, was created by the vision of Los Pioneros, a group that sought to establish a ski center in the central area, with a location close to Santiago. In this way, in 1935, the first snow shelter was built in Farellones, and in 1948 the first drag lift, the Gran Bajada. In 1941, Farellones began to function as a mountain town, providing all the necessary services to its visitors. In 1953, the double chair lift was inaugurated, enabling the western skiable area.
The minimum height of this ski center is 2560 meters above sea level, on the Los Zorros track, and reaches an altitude that exceeds 3300 meters above sea level. It has a vertical drop of 1090 meters. Currently, it has 112 slopes and a ski area of 1100 hectares, which is why it is considered one of the best ski centers in South America.
The winter center (2,430 to 3,333 meters high) is composed of two interconnected villages, each with hotels and shelters. Together with La Parva and Valle Nevado, they form the largest and best ski area in South America.
A SKI CENTER FOR THE FAMILY AND YOUTH
El Colorado Ski Center due to its characteristics of proximity to the capital, offer of services, convenience, and tracks for all kinds of practices, has become the ideal center for the practice of snow sport by family and youth during every winter season.
It has small hotels and apartments for rent. The gastronomic offer is varied; self-service, barbecue, pub, disco. Full equipment is leased, collective, private, and children's ski lessons are given.
INFRASTRUCTURE IN TRACKS
The skiable terrain is 40 km, with 70 tracks: novices, advanced, and for experts. The longest runway is 4.3 km and all are maintained with mechanized equipment. The center has 18 ski lifts: two double chairlifts, three triple chairlifts, 12 drag lifts, and two for children, covering a distance of 15,650 meters.
Located on El Colorado hill, with a maximum height of 3,333 meters. and a vertical drop of 903 meters. receives abundant and short snowfall with an average of 5 meters. of snowfall in a normal year.
From Santiago, only 39 kilometers away, is the ski center El Colorado, located in the Andes Mountain Range, it is reached in about an hour by the paved route.
ALL A SERVICE CENTER
In El Colorado, all the services that complement a spectacular ski day are centralized in a comfortable and modern building.
- Equipment rental Modern skis, boots, and canes for adults and children
- Ski Shop Offers ski equipment and essential accessories for a great stay
- Lockers Ski Service Practical lockers allow you to store your belongings
- KL Pub and International Restaurant In a cozy atmosphere you can enjoy specialties of the Swiss-alpine food, and share with your favorite drink
- Self-service restaurant With a panoramic view of the slopes, this cafeteria and its sun terrace allow you to enjoy varied meals
- International Ski School Qualified instructors from different countries offer you various alternative lessons, both collective and individual Mini School for Children
- Program with private lift, designed so that children from 4 to 10 years old learn to ski safely and entertainingly, while parents enjoy their ski day
- Height Restaurant Social - a point at 3,000 meters high 'El Mirador' offers fast meals on its spacious terraces at mid-mountain
Colorado Ski ResortView Larger Map
- Moderately Priced
Best For Whom
- Mature Travellers
- For Her
- Leisure Travellers
- For Him
- Families With Teenagers
- Families With Children
Best For What
- Lively Atmosphere
- Quick Bites
- Creative & Artistic
- The Local Experience
- Outdoor Area
- A View To Die For