My Guide Website?
From Santiago: Cajón del Maipo and Volcán San José Hike 8K106 Reviews
Explore the heart of the Andes and get stunning views of the waterfalls, rivers and glaciers. Go for a 8-kilometer hike in the Cajón del Maipo gorge and see a 5,800-meter high, active volcano just 100 kilometers from Santiago.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Chile:If youʻre booking your trip to Chile last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Santiago: Hop-on Hop-off Bus Day Ticket with Audio Guide
- Santiago: 2-Day Hop-On Hop-Off Bus Ticket and Cable Car
- Puerto Montt: Osorno Volcano and Petrohué Falls Guided Tour
- Santiago: Vina Del Mar, Valparaiso, Casablanca & Reñaca Tour
- Santiago: Cajon del Maipo/Embalse del Yeso Tour with Picnic
- Hike in the wilderness on a guided walk of the Cajón del Maipo gorge
- Marvel at the majesty of the Andes mountains
- Get a breathtaking view of the active volcano of San José
DescriptionGet back to nature and go for a hike in the Andes mountains. Learn why the region is one of the most active in the world for volcanoes and get up close to one just 100 kilometers from Santiago. Travel to the town of San Jose de Maipo and marvel at the beautiful waterfalls. Head to the refuge of El Cabrerio for the start of your hike in the Engorda Valley and get stunning views of the gorge of Cajón del Maipo and its rock formations. Encounter a breathtaking view of the Volcán San José on the Chile-Argentina border.
IncludesAppetizer Transportation Bilingual guide Insurance Boxed lunch Water Wine
- This hike is easy to intermediate and recommended for those between 8 and 65 years old
- The tour is subject to change due to weather conditions (rain or snow)
- Please wear proper sneakers or hiking shoes, and bring sunscreen, your sunglasses, a sun hat and a day pack