My Guide Website?
Elqui Valley Tour from La Serena
Discover the mystical Elqui Valley on this full-day guided tour from La Serena. Enjoy a pisco tasting at a production plant, and visit Vicuña, the Nobel laureate Gabriela Mistral's hometown.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Chile:If youʻre booking your trip to Chile last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- From Santiago: Valparaiso and Viña del Mar Day Tour
- San Pedro de Atacama: El Tatio Geysers Tour
- Puerto Varas: Peulla Day Trip
- San Pedro de Atacama: Etno-Astronomical Small-Group Tour
- From Puerto Varas: Osorno Volcano & Petrohue Falls Day Tour
- Take in panoramic views of Elqui valley
- Enjoy the history of the Pisco community
- Marvel at the Pisco production plant
DescriptionYour day begins with an 8:30 AM pickup from your centrally located La Serena or Coquimbo hotel. Greet your guide, board the vehicle, and settle in for a journey of about two hours to Cochiguaz, in the Elqui Valley. After learning why some people call Cochiguaz the world's new geomagnetic center, and exploring a little of its new-age culture, pay a visit to a Pisco production plant. Discover how Chile's national drink is made and enjoy a tasting before returning on road that leads to Vicuña. Stroll through Vicuña as your guide explains how it is the most important town in the valley and also the hometown of the Nobel Prize-winning poet, Gabriela Mistral. There is also time to admire the Baüer Tower, main square, and church. Next, it's time for lunch in a typically Chilean restaurant. After lunch, descend into the valley to visit the tomb of Gabriela Mistral and her childhood school-house. Your tour concludes with a drop-off back at your hotel at around 6:30 PM.
IncludesHotel pickup and drop-off Lunch Guide for the whole tour
- This tour is not recommended for people with limited mobility
- A minimum of three people per booking is required