My Guide Website?
San Pedro de Atacama: 4-Day Magic Desert Tour8 Reviews
Enjoy a 4-day desert tour including transfers to and from Calama Airport to your hotel in San Pedro de Atacama. Discover the Valley of the Moon, the Atliplanic lagoons, Geyser del Taito, and more.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Chile:If youʻre booking your trip to Chile last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- See the most important sights in San Pedro de Atacama
- Take a 4-day Atacama Desert tour including transfer from San Pedro de Atacama
- Make your way to regional highlights with trasfer included
DescriptionDay 1: Transfer from Calama Airport to your San Pedro de Atacama Hotel Day 2: RED STONES, HIGH PLANE LAGOONS AND SALT FLAT OF ATACAMA We will visit the Laguna Chaxa, with its flamingos in the Salar de Atacama. We can also enjoy the wonderful Altiplanic, Miscanti and little fingers We will be able to get closer to the local culture in the highland town of Socaire. We will observe the Salar de Atacama from above, and we will enjoy beautiful landscapes and broken. In turn, we will hallucinate with the impressive Red Stones. Day 3 AM: Tour Geiser del Tatio (altitude of 4,300 meters) After driving through the night, you will arrive at this spectacular sector of the Altiplano at approximately 6:45AM, normally the temperature at this time is below zero. You will begin your day by enjoying breakfast before a guided hike by the geothermal field. There you will be able to observe the impressive columns of steam (geisers), fumaroles, hundreds of pools of boiling water, and high peaks. In this sector you can see parts of the typical Andean fauna such as Vizcachas and Vicuñas. You will then move to the sector of the thermal pools with 40º water, where guests can take a rejuvenating swim. You will then begin the return to San Pedro, through the impressive landscape of the Andes mountain range. During this route you will also be able to see the Tocorpuri and Licancacabur volcanos. You will eventually arrive in San Pedro at approximately 12:00PM, where you will have free time before meeting in the office at 3:50PM. From here you will travel directly to the Salar de Atacama, where your first stop will be Laguna Cejar, a turquoise lagoon in which you can bathe. Due to this lake's great salinity, you will even be able to float on the water. Later, you will visit the eyes of the Salar, before your tour ends at the Tebinquiche Lagoon, where you will enjoy a beautiful sunset with an aperitif. You will eventually return to San Pedro de Atacama. Day 3: Pm. Moon Valley After beginning your tour, you will travel to the famous Valley of the Moon, located approximately 10 kilometers away from San Pedro de Atacama and declared a sanctuary of nature. Here you will discover a place with beautiful shapes and colors where you can walk and observe a geological show with sculptural forms, similar to the lunar surface. You can visit the salt statues 'Las Tres Marías', as well as the salt caverns. You will then go up to the great dune at sunset to admire this beautiful panorama in all its splendor. Day 4: Transfer Hotel San Pedro de Atacama to Calama Airport On the final day of your tour you will be transferred to Calama Airport, or another centrally located part of Calama. The itinerary of the excursions can be modified, to be able to carry out all the excursions based on your stay in San Pedro
IncludesLocal guide Hotel pickup and drop-off from centrally-located hotels in San pedro de Atacama to Geyser del Tatio, Piedras Rojas, and Moon Valley Transportation by air-conditioned minivan
- Please note, this program is not recommended for people with heart, back or respiratory problems.
- Please note, this program is not recommended for pregnant women.
- On the Geyser Del Tatio and Laguna Cejar tours, passengers can swim so please bring your bathing suit and towel.
- Please note, this program is not recommended for children under 7 years old and adults over 75 years old, since it visits areas of more than 4000 meters above sea level.
- When booking your flight to Calama (El Loa) Airport it is recommended to book a flight that arrives before 10:00 AM, in order to allow enough time for your tour of the Valle de la Luna.
- If your hotel is out of the pick up zone, the local partner will let you know the meeting point and starting time.
- Please send make sure to send the local partner the passport details of each traveller to enroll you in the passenger list, including each person's: full name, date of birth, nationality, passport number, and expiration date.