- Impress yourself with the amazing sight of stilt houses standing above the water
- Take in the beautiful scenery in the port city of Dalcahue
- Go on an exciting ferry ride across the Chacao channel
- Learn about the customs and traditions of Chiloe Island
- Relax in comfort with a convenient return hotel transfer
Spend a full day touring around the Island of Chiloe. Reach the island by ferry to explore the towns of Chacao, Castro, and Dalcahue. Marvel at the houses on stilts in the water. See churches and experience craft markets. Relax with an easy and convenient return hotel transfer.
Begin your tour as you are picked up at your Puerto Varas hotel. Drive south along Panamericana Route 5 for about 80 miles (129 km) to arrive at the town of Pargua. Cross the Chacao channel by ferry to go to Isla Grande de Chiloe. Visit the town of Chacao, founded in 1567.
Admire the town square and the picturesque buildings. See the church and travel to the city of Ancud. Take in the Plaza de Armas, crafts market, the museum and Fort of San Antonio, and other historic sites. Continue to Castro, the capital of Chiloe Island.
Appreciate the handicrafts market and head to Mirador del Barrio Gamboa, known for its famous Palafitos, which are houses sitting on stilts in the water. Finish your trip with a visit to the port city of Dalcahue, known for its Sunday craft fair where locals from the islands bring their handicrafts.
Hotel pickup and drop-off
Full day tour
Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund