My Guide Website?
San Pedro de Atacama: Astronomical Tour37 Reviews
Enjoy the most beautiful and darkest sky in the world in the middle of the Atacama Desert, which is the most arid on the planet.
- Observe the sky in the Atacama Desert, one of the clearest in the world
- Learn about the stars, celestial bodies, and the universe
- Admire full and bright constellations
- Use the telescope with the help of your guide
DescriptionEnjoy two different views of the night sky during your tour. The first will be the Western vision, which studies the universe, the brightness of the stars, and their planets. You can observe, with a telescope, objects in the solar system, deep space, and constellations. Learn about the cosmos and its formation. Then, go on an ethnic astronomical journey to understand how the ancient inhabitants of the Andes interpreted the universe, the milky way, and the night sky. Many centuries before the arrival of the Spaniards, in the indigenous settlements of America, many wise observers of the universe interpreted the objects of the night sky. In all the black spaces, they observed figures that gave them information about their daily life including animals, water, rivers, schedules, and life after death.
IncludesPick up and drop-off in San Pedro de Atacama Local guide Telescope equipment Hot drink (coffee, tea or hot chocolate) and cake
- The tour does not go ahead during a full moon or on a cloudy night
- Please note that the tour is weather dependent and in the case of bad weather you will be offered another option or a full refund
- Pick up and drop-off is available from accommodation in San Pedro de Atacama
- It is recommended to wear comfortable clothes