My Guide Website?
Private-Tour of Chilean Wine Country: Colchagua2 Reviews
Enjoy a full-day private tour to the heart of Chilean Wine Country: The Colchagua Valley. This tour includes a panoramic gondola ride overlooking Santa Cruz Vineyard and a horse-drawn carriage ride at Viu Manent Vineyard.
- Relax with free hotel pick-up or Airport transfer on tour date
- Learn from your professional & multilingual guide
- Experience two Wine tours & tastings
- Have fun with a Gondola Ride at Santa Cruz vineyard
- Travel by horse-drawn carriage at Viu Manent Vineyard
DescriptionVisit one of the country’s most famous wine regions, the Colchagua Valley, set in the heart of the Central Valley, 100-miles (160 kilometers) from Santiago, is the epicenter of wine production in Chile. Production started here shortly after the Spanish conquest in the mid-16th-century with the introduction of vineyards by Jesuit missionaries. The mining boom of the late 19th-century brought wealth and noble grapes of French origin. The area is known for its award-winning Cabernet Sauvignon, Malbec, Merlot, Syrah and, Carmenere. After a three-hour drive to Santa Cruz, the region’s capital, first stop at Viña Santa Cruz. Here, see the place where the body connects with the soul. Begin your tour by conquering the body in the garden of varieties and learn how to differentiate their strains. Then get to know the soul by using the cable car to enjoy the most amazing views on your way to Cerro El Chaman. There, learn firsthand how the Aymara culture, Mapuche and Rapa Nui lived in harmony with nature and their environment through their rituals and beliefs. But especially, meet their guides Machi and Chaman, the inspiration behind their wines. Next, stop for lunch at a countryside restaurant. In the afternoon, visit Viu Manent Vineyard, a model for wine tourism in Chile. Climb aboard a horse-drawn carriage for a remarkable experience visiting the historic Malbec Hall, gardens, and wine cellars. Explore the wine shop and handicraft emporium. The visit ends with a tasting of the vineyard’s best wines. Internationally renowned for the quality of its wines, Viu Manent is particularly famous for its Malbec.
IncludesMultilingual guide Private transport Two wine tours & tastings Panoramic Gondola Ride at Santa Cruz Vineyard Horse-drawn carriage ride at Viu Manent Vineyard Bottled water Horse Carriage Winery Tour and Wine Tasting at Viu Manent Vineyard Body and Soul' Winery Tour and Wine Tasting at Santa Cruz Vineyard Digital photographs
- Free pickup and drop-off from any hotel, Airbnb, or residence in Santiago is included
- Free airport pickup or drop-off on the day of the tour is included
- The order of site visits may vary
- Although this is a private tour with your own vehicle and guide, there may be other visitors at the vineyards joining you on the winery tours and tastings
- This tour is available daily, except on national holidays when the vineyards are closed
- Alternative vineyards will be visited if either Santa Cruz or Viu Manent do not have open availability on the date selected
- All of our tours include private transportation in order to maintain social distancing in compliance with the U.N. World Health Organization’s Guidelines to Restart Tourism
- You will be the only guests in the tour van
- You will also be provided with hand sanitizer and masks