My Guide Website?
Private-Tour of Chilean Wine Country: Colchagua2 Reviews
Enjoy a full-day private tour to the heart of Chilean Wine Country: The Colchagua Valley. This tour includes a a horse-drawn carriage ride at Viu Manent Vineyard.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Chile:If youʻre booking your trip to Chile last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Relax with free hotel pick-up or Airport transfer on tour date
- Learn from your professional & multilingual guide
- Experience two Wine tours & tastings
- Travel by horse-drawn carriage at Viu Manent Vineyard
DescriptionOne of the country’s most famous wine regions, the Colchagua Valley, set in the heart of the Central Valley, 100 miles (160 kilometers) from Santiago, is the epicenter of wine production in Chile. Production started here shortly after the Spanish conquest in the mid-16th century with the introduction of vineyards by Jesuit missionaries. The mining boom of the late 19th century brought wealth and noble grapes of French origin. The area is known for its award-winning Cabernet Sauvignon, Malbec, Merlot, Syrah and Carmenere. After a three-hour drive in a private vehicle to Santa Cruz, the region’s capital, we first stop at Viu Manent Vineyard, a model for wine tourism in Chile. Climb aboard a horse-drawn carriage for a remarkable experience visiting the historic Malbec Hall, and gardens. Explore the wine shop and handicraft emporium. The visit ends with a tasting of the vineyard’s best wines. Internationally renowned for the quality of its wines, Viu Manent is particularly famous for its Malbec. After visiting Viu Manent Vineyard, there will be time to have lunch (not included). In the afternoon, we will visit Montes Vineyard, voted #1 winery in South America. With the release of the first Montes Alpha wine in 1988, Montes became the first premium winery of Chile. The premise, a clear belief that Chile had an untapped potential as a producer of quality wines, made them a benchmark for other wineries to follow. Its original four partners’ total involvement and the continuous help of the Angels that decorate their labels was key to their success. Two decades later, Montes is one of the most important wineries of Chile were Aurelio Montes continues leading the winemaking area with the same passion as the day he started. Hard work and total focus on quality has led Montes to become the most successful and respected quality driven winery in Chile as they continue pioneering and breaking new grounds in winemaking. Walk through their beautiful vineyards with a great view of the Valley. Tour the mystical winery where the Premium and Ultra Premium wines are made: Montes Alpha M, Montes Folly, Purple Angel and Montes Alpha. Visit the Barrel Room, where their best wines rest and mature accompanied by Gregorian Chants.
IncludesMultilingual guide Private transport Two wine tours & tastings Horse-drawn carriage ride at Viu Manent Vineyard Bottled water Horse Carriage Winery Tour and Wine Tasting at Viu Manent Vineyard Winery Tour and Premium Wine Tasting at Montes Vineyard Digital photographs
- Free pickup and drop-off from any hotel, Airbnb, or residence in Santiago is included
- Free airport pickup or drop-off on the day of the tour is included
- The order of site visits may vary
- Although this is a private tour with your own vehicle and guide, there may be other visitors at the vineyards joining you on the winery tours and tastings
- This tour is available daily, except on national holidays when the vineyards are closed
- Alternative vineyards will be visited if either Montes or Viu Manent do not have open availability on the date selected
- All of our tours include private transportation in order to maintain social distancing in compliance with the U.N. World Health Organization’s Guidelines to Restart Tourism
- You will be the only guests in the tour van
- You will also be provided with hand sanitizer and masks