My Guide Website?
Private Isla Negra & Pomaire Cultural Day Trip
Discover local handicrafts and traditional Chilean food in Pomaire, and the incredible architecture of Chile's famous poet, Pablo Neruda's home in Isla Negra on a private full-day journey.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Chile:If youʻre booking your trip to Chile last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Learn about Chile's history and culture from an expert local guide
- Travel in comfort in a private air-conditioned minivan
- Marvel at Pablo Neruda's eccentric house in Isla Negra
- Visit the artisanal village of Pomaire where you can taste local empadanas
DescriptionBegin your journey of Chile by being picked up at your hotel, where you will be greeted by your guide who will take care of you throughout the day. Head straight to the colorful seaside town of Isla Negra, one of Chile’s and South America’s most famous poets, Pablo Neruda’s home, now a museum, whereupon arrival your guide will take you on a walking tour. Explore the Nobel Prize winner’s eccentric home, including his collection of bottles, masks, antique shoes, and smoking pipes. Originally called Las Gaviotas, the town was renamed Isla Negra by Neruda. Next, head to the traditional town of Pomaire, famous for its clay pottery and Chilean handicrafts. The town is also known as the home of the largest “empanadas” in Chile – which you have the chance to taste. Along your private tour, your local guide with share insightful historical and cultural stories.
IncludesLocal guide Private transportation Entrance fee to the Pablo Neruda Museum House Bottled water Digital photographs Hotel pickup and drop-off
- The order of sites visited may vary
- The best time to visit Pomaire is on weekends as more shops are open
- Although this is a private tour with your own vehicle and guide, there may be other visitors at the Pablo Neruda Museum House in Isla Negra