My Guide Website?
From Santiago: Isla Negra, Pomaire & Vineyard Private Tour
Discover Chilean wine, handicrafts of Pomaire, and Pablo Neruda's house on Isla Negra on a private full-day journey, with a wine tasting.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Chile:If youʻre booking your trip to Chile last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Learn about Chile's history and culture from an expert local guide
- Travel in comfort in a private air-conditioned minivan
- Marvel at Pablo Neruda's eccentric house-turned-museum in Isla Negra
- Visit the artisanal village of Pomaire where you can taste local empadanas
- Taste some of Chile's famous wines at the Undurraga Vineyard
DescriptionBegin your journey of Chile by being picked up at your hotel, where you will be greeted by your guide who will take care of you throughout the day. Head straight to the colorful seaside town of Isla Negra, home to one of Chile’s and South America’s most famous poets, Pablo Neruda, whereupon arrival your guide will take you on a walking tour of his house. Explore the Nobel Prize winner’s eccentric home, now a museum, including his collection of bottles, masks, antique shoes, and smoking pipes. Originally called Las Gaviotas, the town was renamed Isla Negra by Neruda. We then continue our journey to Pomaire, known for its interesting clay pottery and other handicrafts. Pomaire is a wonderful place to visit. This town became an artisan hotspot because of natural clay deposits in the nearby land, causing the pottery industry to boom here. Pomaire is also known for being the home of the largest “empanadas” in Chile! We end the day with an unforgettable tour and wine tasting at Undurraga Vineyard. Established in 1885 by Francisco Undurraga Vicuña, this is one of the oldest wineries in Chile. Located on the Santa Ana Estate, in the heart of the Maipo Valley, you will visit one of the pioneers in viticulture in Chile. You learn about know how they make unique wines, visit their wine cellars, and enjoy the flavors and aromas of four of their reserve wines. This is a great and relaxing day out of the city! Along your private tour, your local guide with share insightful historical and cultural stories.
IncludesLocal guide Private transportation Entrance fee to the Pablo Neruda Museum House Winery tour and 'Sibaris' wine tasting at Undurraga Vineyard Bottled water Digital photographs Hotel pickup and drop-off
- The order of sites visited may vary
- The best time to visit Pomaire is on weekends as more shops are open
- Although this is a private tour with your own vehicle and guide, there may be other visitors at the Pablo Neruda Museum House in Isla Negra
- An alternative vineyard will be visited if Matetic does not have availability on the date selected