My Guide Website?
From Puerto Montt or Puerto Varas: Llanquihue Lake Trip2 Reviews
Marvel at the spectacular surroundings and picturesque German colonial villages located around Lake Llanquihue. Delight in a complete tour of one of the most beautiful lakes in Chile from either Puerto Montt or Puerto Varas.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Chile:If youʻre booking your trip to Chile last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Santiago: Hop-on Hop-off Bus Day Ticket with Audio Guide
- Santiago: 2-Day Hop-On Hop-Off Bus Ticket and Cable Car
- Puerto Montt: Osorno Volcano and Petrohué Falls Guided Tour
- Santiago: Vina Del Mar, Valparaiso, Casablanca & Reñaca Tour
- Santiago: Cajon del Maipo/Embalse del Yeso Tour with Picnic
- Discover the breathtaking natural scenery around Lake Llanquihue
- Admire the beauty of the architecture and German influence in the lakeside villages
- Find the area's unique corners with a bilingual tour guide
- Enjoy the flexibility of beginning your tour from Puerto Varas or Puerto Montt
DescriptionExplore the second largest lake in Chile and admire its wild forests, snowcapped volcanoes, and small German-influenced villages. Discover the picturesque towns like Frutillar, Puerto Varas, and Puerto Varay that surround the lake, all famous for the predominantly German influence on their architecture, food, and traditional summer events. Lake Llanquihue is considered to be one of the most beautiful lakes in Chile and is set in over 87,700 hectares. On this trip, take a complete tour of the lake from Puerto Varas or Puerto Montt. Travel over 186 kilometers (115.6 miles) around the lake, with only 30 of these kilometers (18.6 miles) on a proper gravel road. After pickup from Puerto Montt or Puerto Varas, set off along some of the most scenic roads in the country toward Ensenada, before arriving at the Vicente Pérez Rosales National Park, home to beautiful lakes, flora, and fauna. A couple of kilometers further north, find Puerto Octay, a small village where you can visit the Centinela bay and strip of land, with some of the best views in the region. Continue toward the south of the lake, with a truly unforgettable view of 3 volcanoes situated in between various little islands. Upon arrival in Frutillar, admire the colonial German houses, enjoy the sandy beach, and visit the modern Teatro del Lago. From Frutillar, proceed south along the waterfront to the village of Llanquihue and end up in Puerto Varas or Puerto Montt.
IncludesPickup from selected hotels in Puerto Varas or Puerto Montt (according to the option chosen) Bilingual tour guide
- This tour is not recommended for people with reduced mobility
- Hotel pickup is only available from selected hotels in Puerto Montt or Puerto Varas (depending on option selected); if you're not staying at one of these hotels, you must choose one as a meeting point and meet the guide at the expected time