My Guide Website?
Ahu Vinapu, Rano Kao and Orongo City Half-Day Tour8 Reviews
Explore the southwest coast of Easter Island on a half-day tour from Hanga Roa. See one of the largest Ahu in the Ahu Vinapu ceremonial complex, enjoy views from the slopes of Rano Kau volcano and visit the village where the birdmen were worshiped.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Chile:If youʻre booking your trip to Chile last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- San Pedro de Atacama: Hidden Lagoons of Baltinache Tour
- Santiago: Valparaiso, Viña del Mar, & Casablanca Valley Tour
- Punta Arenas: Walk with Penguins on Magdalena & Marta Island
- San Pedro de Atacama: Traditional Ethnoastronomy Experience
- Puerto Montt: Osorno Volcano and Petrohué Falls Guided Tour
- Explore the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Rapa Nui National Park
- Discover Orongo Ceremonial Village
- Learn about the mysterious history of the Ahu, on Ahu Vinapu Ceremonial complex
- Visit Rano Kau to see the largest volcanic crater of Easter Island
DescriptionExplore the breathtaking landscapes of Easter Island on a half-day tour to Ahu Vinapu, Rano Kao and Orongo City. Following the transfer from your hotel in Hanga Roa, you'll be driven to the Ahu Vinapu ceremonial complex. The ceremonial center of Vinapú includes one of the largest ahu in Rapa Nui. This ceremonial center has an extraordinary platform, which stands out for having an architectural structure composed of large slabs carefully wedged, similar to the Inca constructions of Cusco. Then head to the Rano Kau volcano, where the slopes offer an impressive view of the islets of Motu Nui, Motu Iti and Motu Kao Kao. Rano Kau has a crater lake that is one of the island's 3 natural bodies of fresh water. Continue west to the village of Orongo, where birdmen were worshipped between 1600 and 1866 AD. The village consists of approximately 50 elliptically-shaped, shale-wall homes with a small square entry overlooking the ocean. Arranged into 2 uneven rows, the lower row ends at Mata Ngarahu, the sacred precinct where the birdman used to be worshiped. This is also the location of one of the most profusely-decorated petroglyphs on the island. As you explore, listen to some incredible legends about Easter Island from your guide.
IncludesHotel pick-up and drop off (Easter Island hotels) Guided tour (English and Spanish)
- * Note for Cruise Passengers: Remember that this tour is only considered for passengers on Hotels.